Meet Your Tutor
For the last four years Hannah has been the top-rated tutor on the UK's largest online agency of private tutors.
Hannah Ellis - BSc (hons), cECBS, iPGCE
Hannah completed her undergraduate degree at the University of St Andrews and did her research project on the neuromuscular disorder Parkinson’s disease. She then qualified as a Bowen Therapy practitioner before completing her international teaching degree at the University of Sheffield.
In 2009 Hannah founded Tuition Matters and began working full time as a private tutor. She has since taught over 750 UK and international students in one-to-one, classroom, and online lessons.
Alongside this, Hannah also taught in the French private sector at the prestigious Epitech Montpellier (École pour l'informatique et les nouvelles technologies, also known as the European Institute of Technology) and since 2018 she has worked as a UCAS adviser for Connexcel Ltd, supporting international students with their applications to British universities. Hannah has a 100% success rate in interview invitations for students applying to G5 universities.
In addition, Hannah has built up strong relationships with a variety of schools within the UK and she specialises in preparing students for entry into medicine, dentistry, veterinary, and biological science courses at university.
Aside from the UK, Hannah has previously lived and worked in France, the Netherlands, and New Zealand and has a keen interest in differing international pedagogical approaches and how this can affect attainment levels of students.
Outside the classroom Hannah enjoys spending as much time as possible outdoors through running, cycling, skiing, and horse riding and enjoys following rugby with her husband. She spent four years in the Territorial Army while at university and has previously completed the Three Peaks Challenge, putting her map-reading skills to good use! Her two sons are bilingual (French-English) and are raised using Montessori-inspired learning. Living sustainably is important to Hannah and enables her to combine a love of biology and geography with everyday living.
I appreciate that everyone learns in different ways and have found that tailored 1:1 tuition and a fresh perspective can help unblock troublesome topics and lead to an improvement in grades as well as self-confidence in the classroom.
Hannah, our full-time registered private tutor
- 2019: Level 5 Award in Supporting Adults (16+) with Dyslexia and Co-occurring Difficulties - Dyslexia Action
- 2018: International Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (iPGCE) - University of Sheffield
- 2012: Emergency First Aid at Work - British Red Cross
- 2012: Bowen Therapy Practitioner - European College of Bowen Studies
- 2009: BSc (Hons) Biology - University of St. Andrews
- 2004: A-Levels - Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Maths
- 2002: European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award: Bronze, Silver, Gold
- Native Language: English (British)
- Additional Language: French (CEFR level B2)